- Jalmari Ikävalko
- Since 1990
- Located at Espoo, Finland Capital Region
- Worked at Uplause Ltd since Nov 2013, first as a game developer, later with lead developer & CTO duties
- Studied computer science at Tampere University from Sep 2009 to May 2011
- Worked at Wavesum Ltd from March 2012 to May 2013, as a software developer
- Worked at Ardites Ltd from Nov 2008 to Feb 2009, as a trainee
Full stack in the fullest sense of the term.
I'm a software and technology enthusiast and have written code for over 15 years now, of which last six years as a professional.
I've experience working on a diverse set of programming topics, in both high and low level projects. Some examples include audio analysis, game development, graphics programming, web development, devops and database design. I also have a working conceptual understanding of advanced topics such as cryptography, many kinds of algorithms, operating systems and state-of-the-art computer graphics.
Albeit I tend to style myself as a generalist, I am at my best in multifield projects, such as complex system integration.
I also like to teach people and the softer side of programming is something I enjoy musing over; How good software is created, what makes software succesful and what team practices allow great software be created.
I am always open to hearing about new opportunities. As a professional, I'd wish to improve my team and project management and leadership skills. "Do no harm" is an important guideline for me and I would love to work on ethically sustainable projects.
Examples of FOSS contributions
- Panda3D - A generic 3D engine. Contributed with minor features and design input. Involved C++ & OpenGL.
- Drill - A HTTP(S) and websocket load tester. Contributed HTTPS support and websocket support (latter not integrated until major rework by the repo owner).
- Balanced Annihilation - A real-time strategy game. Contributed bug fixes and features. Involved Lua.
- UpTween - A down-to-earth tweening library for Unity. Involved C#.
- Rust Audio Analysis - A simple audio analyzer based on a server-client architecture that is used at Uplause for analyzing audio data in realtime.
- NWN Launcher - A launcher, game file updater, game setting modifier etc for Neverwinter Nights. Involved Python & NodeJS.
- Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist - Last but not least, 10+ years of community involvement in the spirit of true, intricate roleplaying. Involved storytelling, dungeon mastering, community management, thousands of hours of roleplaying, game balancing arguments and scripting support in a C-like language.
More behind the links below!
Buzzwords (experience may vary..)
tzaeru @ IRCNet, Freenode and Mozilla
tzaeru#4777 @ Discord